Philippines - Southeast Luzon (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southeast Luzon chapter from Lonely Planet’s Philippines guidebook.
Looking rather like a seahorse that’s headbutting a football, Southeast Luzon is one of the less-explored parts of the Philippines. More’s the pity, since it’s a wildly varied and weird part of the country, where travellers are likely to encounter anything from creatures of the deep (in Donsol and Ticao) to Eastertime Romans and self-flagellation (Marinduque) and cowboys rounding up both steers and crabs (Masbate).
- dive with manta rays in the Manta Bowl at Ticao Pass
- ride an ATV (quad bike) on the old lava trails of Mt Mayon, Bicol’s prettiest volcano
- sample the best of Bicol’s fiery cuisine in Legazpi
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Bicol, Daet & Bagasbas, Naga, Mt Isarog National Park, Caramoan Peninsula, Legazpi & around, Tabaco, Sorsogon, Bulusan Volcano National Park & around, Donsol, Pilar, Masbate Island, Masbate Town, Ticao Island, Catanduanes, Virac, Marinduque, Boac, Gasan & West Coast, Buenavista & around, and Torrijos & East Coast.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.