*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Philippines - Mindoro (PDF Chapter)
This is the Mindoro chapter from Lonely Planet’s Philippines guidebook.
Most visitors head to the dive resorts around Puerto Galera on the north coast, but there is much more to Mindoro. If you prefer remoteness, venture into Mindoro Occidental, where virtually tourist-free Sablayan and the pristine dive mecca of Apo Reef await.
- swim with turtles, sharks, wrasses and other sea critters at the incredible protected marine park of Apo Reef
- explore the pretty coves, waterfalls and beaches of the resort town of Puerto Galera, and dive into its underwater wonders
- observe the headcount of critically endangered tamaraw (native buffalo) and visit Mangyan villages in Mt Iglit-Baco National Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Puerto Galera, Calapan, Roxas & Around, Bulalacao, San José, Mt Iglit-Baco National Park, Sablayan.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.