*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Philippines - Mindanao (PDF Chapter)
This is the Mindanao chapter from Lonely Planet’s Philippines guidebook.
Surprisingly, Mindanao remains off tourism’s radar, despite its jaw-dropping beaches, killer surf, rugged mountain ranges and indigenous cultures living very much as they have for centuries. That’s not to say there isn’t urbanisation – much of the northern coastline has been paved over, and the southern city of Davao is cosmopolitan and sophisticated – but much of what has been lost elsewhere in the Philippines is alive in Mindanao.
- bar-hop from one buzzing compound to the next in cosmopolitan Davao
- escape from the city to a nearby white-sand beach on Talikud Island
- take in the island’s history and ethnic diversity in Zamboanga
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Cagayan de Oro, Iligan, Camiguin, Butuan, Surigao, Siargao, Davao, Samal Island, Talikud Island, Philippine Eagle Research & Nature Center, Mt Apo & around, General Santos (Dadiangas), Lake Sebu, Zamboanga Peninsula, and Zamboanga.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 3 for 2 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.