Philippines - Mindanao (PDF Chapter)
This is the Mindanao chapter from Lonely Planet’s Philippines guidebook.
Despite jaw-dropping beaches, surf, rugged mountains and indigenous cultures living much as they have for centuries, Mindanao, with the exception of Siargao and to an extent Camiguin, remains off the tourism industry’s radar.
- catch a wave at Siargao’s best-known surf break, Cloud Nine, or watch others from its pic-turesque pavilion
- hop from natural springs to waterfalls to underwater coral reefs around the lush island of Camiguin
- snorkel around emerald-green waters at dramatically beautiful Sugba Lagoon on Siar-gao
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Northern Mindanao, Cagayan de Oro, Camiguin, Su-rigao, Siargao, Southern Mindanao, Davao, General Santos, Lake Sebu, Mt Apo, Samal Island, Talikud Island, Western Mindanao & Zamboanga Peninsula, Zamboanga City.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.