Philippines - Manila (PDF Chapter)
This is the Manila chapter from Lonely Planet’s Philippines guidebook.
Manila’s moniker, the ‘Pearl of the Orient’, couldn’t be more apt – its unappealing shell re-veals its jewel only to those resolute enough to pry. This chaotic metropolis thrives as a true Asian megacity.
- hear echoes of a lost past at the centuries-old Spanish fort of Fort Santiago
- get a glimpse into the Filipino soul at the National Museum of the Filipino People
- take the capital’s pulse and enjoy free concerts at Rizal Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.