*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page.See terms.
Philippines - Cebu & Eastern Visayas (PDF Chapter)
This is the Cebu & Eastern Visayas chapter from Lonely Planet’s Philippines guidebook.
Battered but not broken by duelling natural disaters in 2013, Cebu and the Eastern Visayas showed that the region is more than just a glorious island playground, it’s also incredibly resilient. The majority of its prime attractions – the coral reefs and white-sand beaches of Bohol and Cebu, the waterfalls of Camotes and Biliran, the waves and caves of Samar and Leyte – remain unaffected by the disasters and ripe for exploration.
- take in tarsiers, chocolate hills and rice terraces on a tour of mainland Bohol
- experience close encounters of the thresher-shark kind on chilled-out Malapascua
- swim, scramble and slog through the caves around Catbalogan in Western Samar
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Cebu, Cebu City, Malapascua Island, Bantayan Island, Toledo, Moalboal, Santander, Argao, Camotes Islands, Pacijan Island, Poro Island, Ponson Island, Bohol, Tagbilaran, Panglao Island, Balicasag Island, Pamilacan Island, Cabilao Island, Antequera, Tarsier Sanctuary, Chocolate Hills Loop, Anda, Ubay, Talibon, Buenavista, Tubigon, Danao, Leyte, Tacloban, Maasin, Padre Burgos, Panaon Island, Biliran Island, Naval, Maripipi Island, Higatangan Island, Samar, Catarman, Biri Island, Allen, Dalupiri Island, Calbayog, Catbalogan, Borongan, Guiuan, Calicoan Island, Homonhon & Suluan, and Marabut Islands.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.