Philippines - Cebu & Eastern Visayas (PDF Chapter)
This is the Cebu & Eastern Visayas chapter from Lonely Planet’s Philippines guidebook.
Home to dazzling beaches and astonishing coral walls, the world’s smallest mammal and its biggest fish, eastern Visayas are the aqua heart of an island nation. This region’s natural appeal is utterly compelling.
- take in teeny tarsiers, rolling Chocolate Hills, cove beaches and reefs teeming with fish in Bohol
- experience close encounters of the thresher-shark kind and offshore islets at Malapascua Island
- enjoy the freediving heaven, party town and home to a swirling vortex of sardines, Moal-boal
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Cebu, Cebu City & Around, Malapascua Island, Bantayan Island, Toledo, Moalboal, Lilo-an & Sumilon Island, Camotes Islands, Pacijan Island, Poro Island, Ponson Island, Bohol, Tagbilaran, Panglao Island, Balicasag Island, Pamilacan Is-land, Cabilao Island, Chocolate Hills Loop, Anda, Ubay, Talibon, Leyte, Tacloban, Ormoc, Maasin, Padre Burgos, Panaon Island, Biliran Island, Naval & Around, Higatangan Island, Mari-pipi Island, Samar, Catarman, Biri Island, Allen, Dalupiri Island, Calbayog, Catbalogan, Bo-rongan, Guiuan, Calicoan Island.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation