*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Philippines - Boracay & Western Visayas (PDF Chapter)
This is the Boracay & Western Visayas chapter from Lonely Planet’s Philippines guidebook.
In general, the western Visayas attracts three types of visitors. The most common is the vacationer drawn by Boracay’s gorgeous White Beach, and the commercial hubbub that surrounds it: a collection of resorts, restaurants, bars, and tour promoters all lined up along one great stretch of sand. Next comes the diver drawn to world-class undersea destinations, from Romblon Island in the north to Apo Island in the south. Finally, there’s the off-the-beaten-track traveller braving endless miles of roadside shacks to discover the region’s discrete rewards, including mountain trekking, nightlife, architectural history, alluring beach resorts, and oases of fine food. p>
- stroll the famous White Beach Path in Boracay
- snorkel the colourful reef at Apo Island
- trace the aquamarine Malumpati River back to its mysterious source in the jungle of Panay
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Boracay, Panay, Caticlan, Kalibo, Roxas (Capiz), Iloilo, Guimaras, Negros, Bacolod, Mt Kanlaon Natural Park, Silay, Sagay, Escalante, San Carlos & Sipaway Island, Bulata & Danjugan Island, Sugar Beach, Sipalay, Punta Ballo, Tambobo Bay, Malatapay & Zamboanguita, Apo Island, Dauin, Dumaguete, Valencia, Twin Lakes National Park, Bais City & around, Siquijor, Larena, San Juan & around, Lazi, Cantabon, Tablas Island, Romblon Island, and Sibuyan Island.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.