Philippines - Boracay & Western Visayas (PDF Chapter)
This is the Boracay & Western Visayas chapter from Lonely Planet’s Philippines guidebook.
The most common visitor to Western Visayas is the holidaymaker drawn by Boracay’s gor-geous White Beach and the fiesta hubbub that surrounds it; but there’s also the off-the-beaten-track traveller braving endless miles of roadside shacks to discover the region’s rewards.
- catch sunsets on Boracay’s deservedly famous white Beach with a drink or two in hand
- snorkel or dive with sea turtles at Apo Island’s colourful reef
- trace the aquamarine water back to its mysterious source, Malumpati Cold Spring, in the jungle of Panay
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Boracay, Panay, Kalibo, Roxas, Antique Province, Ilo-ilo, Guimaras, Negros, Bacolod, Mt Kanlaon Natural Park, Silay, Sagay, San Carlos, Sugar Beach, Punta Ballo, Apo Island, Dauin, Dumaguete, Valencia & Around, Bais City & Around, Siquijor, Larena, San Juan & Around, Lazi & Around, Cantabon, Romblon Province, Tablas Is-land, Romblon Island, Sibuyan Island.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation