Philippines - Around Manila (PDF Chapter)
This is the Around Manila chapter from Lonely Planet’s Philippines guidebook.
The area south of Manila is home to a clutch of interesting military history sights and some of the most dramatic landscapes you’ll find anywhere. Volcanoes are the speciality, with some impressive sea- and townscapes thrown in. Head north and you’ll run square into the most notorious volcano of them all, Mt Pinatubo, in the underrated Zambales Mountains. It overlooks the twin ex-military bases of Subic and Clark, now struggling to become tourism hubs.
- do a volcano climb at Mt Pinatubo
- paddle along the heart of darkness in Pagsanjan
- immerse yourself in WWII history on a day trip from Manila to Corregidor
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Corregidor, Las Piñas, Kawit, Calamba, Tagaytay, Taal Volcano & Lake Taal, Taal, Batangas, Anilao, Pagsanjan, Lucban, Lucena, Olongapo & Subic Bay, San Fernando (Pampanga), Clark & Angeles, and Mt Pinatubo & around.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.