*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Philippines - Around Manila (PDF Chapter)
This is the Around Manila chapter from Lonely Planet’s Philippines guide-book.
If you’ve spent a bit of time in Manila, you’re probably clawing to get out to the countryside for some fresh air and relaxation. Surprisingly, you don’t need to go too far to leave the city and most of its traffic behind.
- rise early for the dramatic climb up the caldera of brooding Mt Pinatubo
- enjoy stellar views of Taal Volcano and sumptuous cuisine in the laid-back hilltop town of Tagaytay
- immerse yourself in WWII history on a day trip to Corregidor
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Corregidor, South of Manila, Tagaytay & Lake Taal, Taal, Batangas, Anilao, Mt Banahaw, Pagsanjan, Lucban, Lucena, North of Manila, Angeles & Clark Airport, Subic Bay & Olongapo, Mt Pinatubo Region.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.