Peru - Understand Peru & Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Peru Today, History, Life in Peru, Peru’s Cuisine, Ancient Peru, Indigenous Peru, Music & the Arts, The Natural World, Directory A-Z, Transportation, Health and Language chapters from Lonely Planet’s Peru guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, culture, food and wildlife to flights, public transportation, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get hints on the gay and lesbian scene and tips for women travellers and travellers with disabilities, as well as a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown of Peru’s wild creatures and environmental challenges
- info on Peruvian staples, specialties, desserts and drinks
- full coverage of the country’s intriguing and tumultuous history
- details on local culture, music and literature
Coverage includes: Peru Today, History - from the earliest settlers to the 21st century, Life in Peru, Peru’s Cuisine, Ancient Peru: Caral, Chavín, Paracas & Nazca, Moche, Wari, Chimú & Chachapoyas and Incas, Indigenous Peru, Music & the Arts: Music, Visual Art and Literature, The Natural World, Directory A-Z, Transportation, Health and Language.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.
South America on a Shoestring - Understand South America and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)