Peru - Understand Peru and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Peru Today, History, Life in Peru, Peru’s Cuisine, Ancient Peru, In-digenous Peru, Music & the Arts, The Natural World, Directory A–Z, Transportation, Health, and Language chapters from Lonely Planet’s Peru guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, music and wildlife to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and les-bian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on Peru’s natural world, from the towering Andes to the great Amazon
- info on the country’s renowned cuisine
- full coverage of Peru’s proud history of majestic civilizations
- details on the people of Peru and the issues facing them today
Coverage includes: Peru Today, History, Life in Peru, Peru’s Cuisine, Ancient Peru, Indigenous Peru, Music & the Arts, The Natural World, Directory A–Z, Transporta-tion, Health, and Language.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation