Peru - South Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the South Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Peru guidebook.
This wild and lonely coast entrances visitors with teetering sand dunes, verdant desert oases, forgotten fishing villages, ancient earth drawings, and plenty of rugged open space for the imag-ination to run wild.
- decipher the mysteries of the Nazca Lines with a once-in-a-lifetime flight-seeing tour
- take in the majestic wilderness as you visit sea lion and bird colonies on a boat tour of the Islas Ballestas
- watch the sun set atop a giant sand dune overlooking the desert oasis of Huacachina
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Cerro Azul, Lunahuaná, Chincha, Pisco, Paracas (El Chaco), Ica, Huacachina, Nazca & Around, Chala, Mollendo, Moquegua, Ilo, Tacna.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.