*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Peru - Northern Highlands (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northern Highlands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Peru guidebook.
Vast tracts of unexplored jungle and mist-shrouded mountain ranges guard the secrets of the northern highlands like a suspicious custodian. Here, Andean peaks and a blanket of luxuriant forests stretch from the coast all the way to the deepest Amazonian jungles.
- scramble through Kuélap, an immense stone citadel high in the cloud forest
- get within a hairbreadth of the jungle at Tarapoto without leaving the comfort of the paved highway
- take a high-adrenaline dip under 771m of falling water at the beautiful Catarata de Gocta
- restaurants & accommodations
Coverage includes: Cajamarca & around, Cajabamba, Celendín, Chachapoyas & around, Kuélap, Leimebamba, Pedro Ruíz, Moyobamba and Tarapoto.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.