Peru - North Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the North Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Peru guidebook.
This savage shore has some of the best surfing in the world. It’s also home to a jaw-dropping array of archaeological sites, colonial cities, evocative desertscapes and a few verdant valleys, while up north, Peru’s only mangrove forests cling for their lives.
- wander the high-walled adobe ruins of Chan Chan and marvel at the 700-year-old friezes
- indulge in sun, surf and sand in Máncora, Peru’s premier beachside hot spot
- ogle the vast wealth of once-buried booty at the North Coast’s best museum, Museo Tumbas Reales de Sipán outside Chiclayo
- restaurants & accommodations
Coverage includes: Barranca, Casma, Chimbote, Trujillo & around, Huanchaco, Puerto Chicama (Puerto Malabrigo), Pacasmayo, Chiclayo & around, Piura, Playa Lobitos, Cabo Blanco, Máncora, Punta Sal, Zorritos, Tumbes, Puerto Pizarro, Reserva de Biosfera del Noroeste, Parque Nacional Cerros de Amotape and Santuario Nacional los Manglares de Tumbes.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.