Peru - North Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the North Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Peru guidebook.
This savage shore has some of the world’s best surfing and plenty of tanned travelers to keep you company. It’s also home to a jaw-dropping array of archaeological sites, colonial cities and evocative desertscapes straight out of Mad Max.
- wander the high-walled adobe ruins of Chan Chan and marvel at 700-year-old friezes
- indulge in sun, surf and sand in Máncora, Peru’s premier beachside hot spot
- discover hidden messages in the colorful walls of Huaca de la Luna, one of the north’s most fascinating archaeological complexes
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Barranca, Casma, Chimbote, Trujillo & Around, Huanchaco, Puerto Chicama (Puerto Malabrigo), Pacasmayo, Chiclayo & Around, Piura, Playa Lobitos, Cabo Blanco, Máncora, Punta Sal, Zorritos, Tumbes, Puerto Pizarro.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.