Peru - Lima (PDF Chapter)
This is the Lima chapter from Lonely Planet’s Peru guidebook.
Climb on the wave of chaos that spans high-rise condos built alongside pre-Columbian tem-ples and fast Pacific breakers rolling toward noisy traffic snarl-ups. This is Lima. Shrouded in history, gloriously messy and full of aesthetic delights. Don’t even think of missing it.
- bite into Peruvian delicacies at Miraflores’ innovative restaurants
- sip potent pisco cocktails at vintage bars, refurbished mansions and chic lounges in Bar-ranco
- admire pre-Columbian masterpieces, from sublime tapestries to intricate goldwork, at the Museo Larco
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Courses, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Around Lima.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation