No code necessary. See terms.
Peru - Lake Titicaca (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Lake Titicaca chapter from Lonely Planet’s Peru guidebook.
In Andean belief, Titicaca is the birthplace of the sun. In addition, it’s the largest lake in South America and the highest navigable body of water in the world, serving as the longtime home of highland cultures steeped in the old ways.
- boat the serene blue expanse to the islands of Lake Titicaca
- celebrate festivals with blaring bands and crazy costumes in Puno
- admire the elaborate temples that dwarf Lake Titicaca’s bucolic south-shore towns
- restaurants & accommodations
Coverage includes: Juliaca, Lampa, Pucará, Abra la Raya, Puno & around, Lake Titicaca Islands, Capachica Peninsula & around, South-Shore Towns and Bolivian Shore.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.