Peru - Lake Titicaca (PDF Chapter)
This is the Lake Titicaca chapter from Lonely Planet’s Peru guidebook.
In Andean belief, Titicaca is the birthplace of the sun. Bright days contrast with bitterly cold nights. Enthralling, deep-blue Lake Titicaca is the unifying, longtime home of highland cultures steeped in the old ways.
- boat the serene blue expanse to the mystical Islas Uros made entirely of reeds
- drift along the hills of the Isla Taquile, where the men have a talent for knitting and the women for weaving
- celebrate festivals with blaring brass bands and crazy costumes in Peru’s capital folklórico, Puno.
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Juliaca, Lampa, Pucará, Puno & Around, Lake Titica-ca’s Islands, Capachica Peninsula & Around, South-Shore Towns, Bolivian Shore.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.