*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page.See terms.
Peru - Huaraz & the Cordilleras (PDF Chapter)
This is the Huaraz & the Cordilleras chapter from Lonely Planet’s Peru guidebook.
Ground zero for outdoor-adventure worship in Peru, the Cordilleras are one of the preeminent hiking, trekking and backpacking spots in South America, and Huaraz is the fast-beating heart linking the trekking trails and roads that serve as the mountains’ arteries.
- traipse for weeks around the magnificent peaks of Parque Nacional Huascarán
- ride the astonishing new highway between Huaraz and Chacas, where panoramas of the Cordillera Blanca lie before you like a painting
- marvel at the blue waters of Laguna 69
- restaurants & accommodations
Coverage includes: Huaraz, The Cordilleras, Cordillera Blanca, Cordillera Huayhuash, Cordillera Negra, Monterrey, Carhuaz, Yungay, Lagunas Llanganuco, Caraz, Chiquián, Llamac, Callejón de Conchucos, Chavín de Huántar, Huari, Chacas and Pomabamba.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.