*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Peru - Huaraz & the Cordilleras (PDF Chapter)
This is the Huaraz & the Cordilleras chapter from Lonely Planet’s Peru guidebook.
Ground zero for outdoor-adventure worship in Peru, the Cordilleras are one of the preeminent hiking, trekking and backpacking spots in South America, and Huaraz is the fast-beating heart linking the trekking trails and roads that serve as the mountains’ arteries.
- traipse for weeks around the magnificent peaks of Parque Nacional Huascarán
- ride the astonishing new highway between Huaraz and Chacas, where panoramas of the Cordillera Blanca lie before you like a painting
- marvel at the blue waters of Laguna 69
- restaurants & accommodations
Coverage includes: Huaraz, The Cordilleras, Cordillera Blanca, Cordillera Huayhuash, Cordillera Negra, Monterrey, Carhuaz, Yungay, Lagunas Llanganuco, Caraz, Chiquián, Llamac, Callejón de Conchucos, Chavín de Huántar, Huari, Chacas and Pomabamba.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.