Peru - Huaraz & the Cordilleras (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Huaraz & the Cordilleras chapter from Lonely Planet’s Peru guide-book.
Ground zero for outdoor-adventure worship in Peru, the Cordilleras are one of the preeminent hiking, trekking and backpacking spots in South America. Wherever you throw your gaze, peren-nially frozen white peaks razor their way through expansive mantles of lime-green valleys.
- get high with a little help from your friends at 4760m on the Santa Cruz Trek, up Punta Un-ion
- climb out of Huaraz on the gritty Laguna Churup acclimatization hike, to an icy cirque adorned with an azure mountain lake
- go way way back in time in the subterranean galleries of Chavín de Huántar, one of Peru’s oldest ruins
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Huaraz, The Cordilleras, Cordillera Blanca, Cordillera Huayhuash, Cordillera Negra, North of Huaraz, Monterrey, Carhuaz, Yungay, Caraz, Chiquián, Llamac, Callejón de Conchucos, Chavín de Huántar, Huari, Chacas.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.