Peru - Cuzco & the Sacred Valley (PDF Chapter)
This is the Cuzco & the Sacred Valley chapter from Lonely Planet’s Peru guidebook.
A visit to Cuzco tumbles you back into the cosmic realm of ancient Andean culture fused with the colonial splendors of Spanish conquest and repackaged as a thriving tourist mecca. Beyond lies the Sacred Valley and the continent’s biggest draw – Machu Picchu.
- drink in the sublime grandeur of Machu Picchu
- dine on haute cuisine or cuy (guinea pig): Cuzco restaurants can cater to any whim
- hike through traditional villages and terraced agriculture on the spectacular Lares trek
- restaurants & accommodations
Coverage includes: Cuzco & around, Sacsaywamán, Q’enqo, Pukapukara, Tambomachay, The Sacred Valley, Pisac & around, Urubamba, Salinas, Chinchero, Moray & Maras, Ollantaytambo, Aguas Calientes, Machu Picchu, The Inca Trail, Tipón, Piquillacta & Rumicolca, Andahuaylillas, Raqchi & around, Santa Teresa, Quillabamba, Huancacalle, Vilcabamba, Paucartambo, Tres Cruces, Ausangate, Choquequirao and Abancay.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.