*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Peru - Cuzco & the Sacred Valley (PDF Chapter)
This is the Cuzco & the Sacred Valley chapter from Lonely Planet’s Peru guidebook.
A visit to Cuzco tumbles you back into the cosmic realm of ancient Andean culture fused with the colonial splendors of Spanish conquest and repackaged as a thriving tourist mecca. Beyond lies the Sacred Valley and the continent’s biggest draw – Machu Picchu.
- drink in the sublime grandeur of Machu Picchu
- dine on haute cuisine or cuy (guinea pig): Cuzco restaurants can cater to any whim
- hike through traditional villages and terraced agriculture on the spectacular Lares trek
- restaurants & accommodations
Coverage includes: Cuzco & around, Sacsaywamán, Q’enqo, Pukapukara, Tambomachay, The Sacred Valley, Pisac & around, Urubamba, Salinas, Chinchero, Moray & Maras, Ollantaytambo, Aguas Calientes, Machu Picchu, The Inca Trail, Tipón, Piquillacta & Rumicolca, Andahuaylillas, Raqchi & around, Santa Teresa, Quillabamba, Huancacalle, Vilcabamba, Paucartambo, Tres Cruces, Ausangate, Choquequirao and Abancay.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.