Peru - Cuzco & the Sacred Valley (PDF Chapter)
This is the Cuzco & the Sacred Valley chapter from Lonely Planet’s Peru guide-book.
For Incas, Cuzco was the belly button of the world. Beyond lies the Sacred Valley, Andean countryside dotted with villages, high-altitude hamlets and ruins linked by trail and railway tracks to the continent’s biggest draw – Machu Picchu.
- drink in the sublime grandeur of Machu Picchu, South America’s signature ruin
- explore the cobblestone streets of Cuzco’s San Blas, attend street festivals and sample the diverse culinary offerings
- wander the Sacred Valley’s ancient ruins and stay in the charming lodgings in stunning settings throughout the region
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Cuzco & Around, Saqsaywamán, Q’enqo, Pukapu-kara, Tambomachay, The Sacred Valley, Pisac & Around, Urubamba & Around, Salineras de Maras, Chinchero, Moray & Maras, Ollantaytambo, Aguas Calientes, Machu Picchu, The Inca Trail, Puno, Andahuaylillas, Raqchi, Ivochote, Puerto Maldonado, Abancay, Cachora, Choque-quirao, Abancay.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.