Peru - Central Highlands (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Central Highlands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Peru guidebook.
If it’s breathtaking ancient ruins or immersion in uninterrupted wilderness that you crave dur-ing your journey, listen up. The rocky, remote Central Highlands can match Peru’s better known destinations for these things and more – with the almost absolute absence of other travelers.
- gawk at the uncannily lifelike rock formations of the Santuario Nacional Huayllay
- savor bygone farming lifestyles by staying at one of Tarma’s colonial haciendas
- browse 25,000 colonial-era books in Santa Rosa de Ocopa near Concepción
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: The North, Canta & Obrajillo, Cerro de Pasco, Huánuco, La Unión, Tingo María, San Pedro de Casta & Marcahuasi, Tarma, Río Mantaro Valley, Jauja, Concepción, Huancayo, The Southern Valleys, Huancavelica, Ayacucho, Andahuay-las.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.