Peru - Arequipa & Canyon Country (PDF Chapter)
This is the Arequipa & Canyon Country chapter from Lonely Planet’s Peru guidebook.
Arequipa province is Peru’s big combo ticket: combine authentic historical immersion in one of South America’s finest colonial cities, Arequipa, with white-knuckle Andean adventure just a few hours’ drive away in Colca and Cotahuasi – two of the world’s deepest canyons.
- watch massive Andean condors catch thermal uplifts above the almost sheer walls of the Cañón del Colca
- get a glimpse of austere, monastic life behind the high stone walls of the Monasterio de Santa Catalina in Arequipa
- make a summit attempt on the almost perfectly symmetrical cone of El Misti volcano
- restaurants & accommodations
Coverage includes: Arequipa, Canyon Country, Reserva Nacional Salinas y Aguada Blanca, Cañón del Colca, Toro Muerto Petroglyphs, El Valle de los Volcanes and Cañón del Cotahuasi.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.