*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Peru - Amazon Basin (PDF Chapter)
This is the Amazon Basin chapter from Lonely Planet’s Peru guidebook.
Vast and often impenetrable, Peru’s Amazon Basin is a strange, sweltering, seductive country-within-a-country that offers phenomenal wildlife-spotting, forays into untamed forest from the jungle’s best lodges and raucous city life.
- travel overland through a smorgasbord of Peruvian scenery via mountains, cloud forest and jungle to Parque Nacional Manu
- spot animals and birds at the upper echelons of the Río Tambopata and the Reserva Nacional Pacaya-Samiria
- discover the central Amazon’s thriving German heritage in Oxapampa and nearby Pozuzo
- restaurants & accommodations
Coverage includes: Puerto Maldonado & around, Parque Nacional Manu, Manu Wildlife Center & around, La Merced & San Ramón, Satipo, Oxapampa, Pucallpa, Yarinacocha, Yurimaguas, Lagunas, Reserva Nacional Pacaya-Samiria and Iquitos & around.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.