Peru - Amazon Basin (PDF Chapter)
This is the Amazon Basin chapter from Lonely Planet’s Peru guidebook.
This is the best-protected tract of the world’s most biodiverse forest, Peru’s strange, swelter-ing, seductive Amazon Basin. Tribes exist here that have never had contact with outside civiliza-tion, and more flora and fauna flourish in one rainforest hectare than in any European coun-try.
- spot birds and animals on a trip on the Río Tambopata
- travel overland through a smorgasbord of Peruvian scenery via mountains, cloud forest and jungle in the Parque Nacional Manu
- discover the Central Amazon’s German heritage from the sweet treats to the Tyrolean ar-chitecture in Oxapampa
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Southern Amazon, Puerto Maldonado & Around, Río Tambopata, Río Madre de Dios, Lago Sandoval, Lago Valencia, Río Heath, Manu Area, Parque Nacional Manu, Central Amazon, San Ramón & La Merced, Oxapampa, Pucallpa, Yarinacocha, Northern Amazon, Yurimaguas, Lagunas, Iquitos & Around.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.