Paris - The Islands (PDF Chapter)
This is the The Islands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Paris guidebook.
Paris’ landmark cathedral, Notre Dame, dominates the Île de la Cité, so where better to start your explorations? (Heading here first also means you’ll beat the crowds.)
- revel in the crowning glory of medieval Gothic architecture before you ascend the Cathédrale Notre Dame de Paris’s towers to take in the awe-inspiring panoramas
- read richly coloured biblical tales in Sainte-Chapelle, exquisitely told through stained-glass imagery with a grace and beauty impossible to find elsewhere
- learn how Marie-Antoinette and thousands of others lived out their final days at the 14th-century Conciergerie palace-turned-prison before being beheaded
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife and Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.