Paris - Montparnasse & Southern Paris (PDF Chapter)
This is the Montparnasse & Southern Paris chapter from Lonely Planet’s Paris guidebook.
Tour Montparnasse is an unavoidable sight, but its observation deck offers an unrivalled spot for getting to grips with the lay of the land where some of the early-20th-century’s most seminal artists and writers hung out.
- ignore the 1970s smoked-glass exterior of the un-Parisian skyscraper, Tour Montparnasse, and zip to the top for a glass of Champagne on the terrace while you take in one of the finest panoramas over the city
- prowl the spine-prickling, skull-and-bone-packed subterranean tunnels of Les Catacombes, Paris’ creepy ossuary
- visit the resting places of local luminaries, including Jean-Paul Sartre, Simone de Beauvoir and Serge Gainsbourg in Cimetière du Montparnasse
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.