Paris - Montmarte & Northern Paris (PDF Chapter)
This is the Montmartre & Northern Paris chapter from Lonely Planet’s Paris guidebook.
One of the wellsprings of Parisian myth, Montmartre has always stood apart. Bohemians, rev-olutionaries, artists, cancan girls and headless martyrs have all played a role in its story, and ves-tiges of the original village – ivy-clad buildings, steep narrow streets – remain.
- hike up the steps of Basilique du Sacré-Cœur for panoramic city views and some of the city’s finest street entertainers outside, and a glittering mosaic within
- treat the kids to a day in the capital’s world-class Parc de la Villette science museum and enjoy a performance or exhibit at the city’s largest cultural playground
- step into opulent surrounds at the elegant Musée Jacquemart-André art museum, a rare snapshot of 19th-century Parisian high society, climax with afternoon tea in the lavish tearoom
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.