Paris - Louvre & Les Halles (PDF Chapter)
This is the Louvre & Les Halles chapter from Lonely Planet’s Paris guide-book.
Set aside at least half a day each for the Musée du Louvre and the Centre Pompidou. Avoid museum fatigue by combining them with a long lunch or a picnic and invigorating mooch around the gardens of Jardin du Palais Royal.
- get lost in the mother of all museums, Musée du Louvre, with timeless masterpieces every which way you turn
- contemplate Europe’s largest collection of modern art at Centre Pompidou and admire the view from the top of one of the city’s most whimsical buildings
- meet Monet’s waterlilies, have a picnic in the park and revelling in Paris at its symmetrical best at the Jardin des Tuileries
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout