*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Paris - Louvre & Les Halles (PDF Chapter)
This is the Louvre & Les Halles chapter from Lonely Planet’s Paris guidebook.
Set aside at least half a day for the Musée du Louvre. Avoid museum fatigue by combining the often-intimidating art gallery with a long lunch or a picnic and invigorating mooch around the designer galleries and manicured gardens.
- get lost in the mother of all museums, Musée du Louvre, with timeless masterpieces every which way you turn
- contemplate Europe’s largest collection of modern art at Centre Pompidou and admire the view from the top of one of the city’s most whimsical buildings
- meet Monet’s waterlilies, picnic in the park and revel in Paris at its symmetrical best
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & NightlifPe, Entertainment and Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.