Paris - Le Marais, Menilmontant & Belleville (PDF Chapter)
This is the Le Marais, Ménilmontant & Belleville chapter from Lonely Planet’s Paris guidebook.
Sublime place des Vosges is a perfect starting point – the city square is a triumph of architec-tural symmetry and of that understated bon goût Paris does so well. Meander west along rue de Rivoli or rue du Roi de Sicile.
- admire incredible sculptures and tomb art while paying your respects to the rich, famous and infamous buried in the world’s most visited cemetery, Cimetière du Père Lachaise
- visit Victor Hugo’s former home overlooking beautiful place des Vosges
- immerse yourself in the life and art of one of the world’s most eccentric modern artists, Pablo Picasso, and admire the Musée National Picasso’s exquisitely grand, 17th-century home
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.