Paris - Latin Quarter (PDF Chapter)
This is the Latin Quarter chapter from Lonely Planet’s Paris guidebook.
The Latin Quarter has been student central for Parisian higher education since the Middle Ages. Rub shoulders with some of France’s greatest literati at the neoclassical Panthéon, or watch men play boules, as they have done so for centuries, at Roman amphitheatre Arènes de Lutèce.
- pay homage to France’s greatest thinkers buried beneath the domed neoclassical Panthéon
- browse the shelves of Shakespeare & Company, Paris’ most magical bookshop, and refuel at its inspirational, literary-themed cafe
- visit the fascinating exhibits inside the stunning Jean Nouvel–designed Institut du Monde Arabe before heading to the roof to admire the panorama
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.