*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Paris - Latin Quarter (PDF Chapter)
This is the Latin Quarter chapter from Lonely Planet’s Paris guidebook.
The centre of Parisian higher education since the Middle Ages, the Latin Quarter takes its name from the classical language spoken here by students and professors until the French Revolution.
- time-travel back to the Middle Ages at Musée National du Moyen Âge, France’s foremost medieval museum
- visit the fascinating exhibits inside the stunning Jean Nouvel-designed Institut du Monde Arabe before heading to the top to catch the incredible panorama from the roof
- stroll around Paris’ sprawling Jardin des Plantes botanic gardens and visit its historic greenhouses, zoo and the many branches of the Natural History Museum located here
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.