Paris - Eiffel Tower & Western Paris (PDF Chapter)
This is the Eiffel Tower & Western Paris chapter from Lonely Planet’s Paris guidebook.
The viewing platforms of the Eiffel Tower will offer you a panorama over the whole of Paris, with Passy stretching along the far banks of the Seine to the west. This prestigious neighbour-hood is home to some fabulous museums.
- ascend the Eiffel Tower at dusk to watch its sparkling lights blink across Paris
- find inspiration in traditional art and craftmanship from around the world at the Musée du Quai Branly
- wander past cathedral portals, gargoyles and intricate scale models in the standout Cité de l’Architecture et du Patrimoine museum dedicated to French architecture
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.