Paris - Day Trips from Paris (PDF Chapter)
This is the Day Trips from Paris chapter from Lonely Planet’s Paris guide-book.
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from Paris and they can each be completed in a day. Must-sees include Disneyland Paris and Château de Ver-sailles.
- Europe’s Disneyland theme park, Disney Village’s hotels, shops, restaurants and clubs, and Walt Disney Studios Park bring film, animation and TV production to life.
- When it comes to over-the-top opulence, the colossal Château de Versailles is in a class of its own, even for France.
- A lavish château and rambling forest grace the elegant town of Fontainebleau, and its in-ternational business school gives it a vibrant edge.
- Rising from fertile farmland, Chartres’ Cathédrale Notre Dame, famed for its beautiful stained glass, dominates the charming medieval town.
- Art and/or garden lovers shouldn’t miss Giverny’s Maison et Jardins de Claude Monet, the former home and flower-filled gardens of the impressionist master.
Coverage includes: Disneyland Paris, Château de Versailles, Fon-tainebleu, Chartres, Giverny, Château de Fontainebleau, Cathédrale Notre Dame, Maison et Jardins de Claude Monet.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.