*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Paris - Champs-Elysees & Grands Boulevards (PDF Chapter)
This is the Champs-Élysées & Grands Boulevards chapter from Lonely Planet’s Paris guidebook.
The Champs-Élysées and Grands Boulevards area is grandiose in layout. The Arc de Triomphe, place de la Concorde, place de la Madeleine and the Opéra – are joined by majestic boulevards, each lined with harmonious rows of Haussmann-era buildings.
- climb Napoleon’s Arc de Triomphe to survey the axe historique, extending from the Louvre to La Défense, and pay tribute to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
- take in a performance at Palais Garnier or tour this mythic 19th-century opera house, where Chagall’s ceiling mural is on display
- catch a free fashion show showcasing seasonal trends at the magnificent art nouveau Galeries Lafayette department store and admire the rooftop panorama
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment and Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.