Papua New Guinea & Solomon Islands - Understand Papua New Guinea and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
All the info you need on everything from history, environment, the Kokoda Story and the people of PNG, to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travellers, travellers with disabilities and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on the current political situation in PNG
- info on the historical events that shaped the nation
- renowned scientist Tim Flannery offers an overview of the nation’s unique flora and fauna
- ex-Australian rubgy international and author of Kokoda, Peter FitzSimons provides a glimpse into one of the great stories of WWII, the legend of the Kokoda Track
Coverage includes: Papua New Guinea Today, History – from the World’s First Agriculturalists to Colonialism and WWII, Environment: Lowlands, Mountain Forests and Alpine Regions, the Kokoda Story: a Historical Synopsis and Recent Interest, The People of PNG: Population, Lifestyle, Animism, Christianity & Spirit Houses, Women’s Roles, Sorcery and Arts, Directory A–Z, Transport and Language.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.