*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Papua New Guinea & Solomon Islands - The Sepik (PDF Chapter)
This is the Sepik chapter from Lonely Planet’s Papua New Guinea & Solomon Islands guidebook.
The mighty Sepik is one of the great rivers of the world. In serpentine fashion it flows for 1126km through swamplands, tropical rainforests and mountains. The Sepik is more than just a river, it’s also a repository of complex cultures.
- trail your fingers in the legendary Sepik River as your canoe threads through narrow channels to remote villages
- be invited inside a sacred haus tambaran (spirit house) at a Middle Sepik village
- buy masks, totems and carvings from master craftspeople in a traditional village such as Palambei
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: East Sepik Province, Wewak & around, Sandaun Province, Vanimo, The Sepik & Its Tributaries, Upper Sepik, Middle Sepik, Lower Sepik, Tributaries & Lakes.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.
Papua New Guinea & Solomon Islands - Understand Papua New Guinea and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)