Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Papua New Guinea & Solomon Islands - The Highlands (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Highlands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Papua New Guinea & Solomon Islands guidebook.
These impressive mountains are are now accessible by road, and those with determination can seek out the celebrated birds of paradise, and even summit Mt Wilhelm (4509m). From its craggy top, you can see right across the country.
- photograph the extravagantly adorned performers at one of the Highland’s celebrated shows, such as Goroka or Mt Hagen
- immerse your senses in the colour and culture of the Huli wigmen villages around Tari
- scramble up Mt Wilhelm in the predawn gloom to catch the sunrise light up both the north and south coasts
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Eastern Highlands Province, Goroka, Simbu Province, Kundiawa & around, Mt Wilhelm, Western Highlands & Jiwaka Provinces, Mt Hagen, Enga Province, Wabag, Southern Highlands Province, Mendi, Lake Kutubu & around, Hela Province and Tari.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.