Papua New Guinea & Solomon Islands - Solomon Islands (PDF Chapter)
This is the Solomon Islands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Papua New Guinea & Solomon Islands guidebook.
The Solomon Islands are laid-back, welcoming and often surprisingly untouched. From WWII relics scattered in the jungle to leaf-hut villages where traditional culture is alive, there’s so much on offer.
- dive and snorkel in fish soup in Marovo Lagoon
- feel free in an intimate lodge at Langa Langa Lagoon
- huff to the top of the mount on Kolombangara
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Guadalcanal, Honiara & around, Mataniko Falls, Tenaru Waterfalls, Florida (Nggela) Islands, Savo, Marovo Lagoon, Western Province, Bonegi, Tavanipupu Island, West New Georgia, Munda, Ghizo & around, Malaita, Auki & around, Malaita, Langa Langa Lagoon and Tetepare Island.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.
Coastal Queensland & the Great Barrier Reef - Cairns & the Daintree Rainforest (PDF Chapter)