Papua New Guinea & Solomon Islands - Port Moresby (PDF Chapter)
This is the Port Moresby chapter from Lonely Planet’s Papua New Guinea & Solomon Islands guidebook.
Many visitors spend as little time as possible in gritty Port Moresby, which is expensive, dangerous (according to expats) and not easily walkable. It does however offer a superb museum, friendly locals and a gourmet meal after weeks in the provinces.
- discover cultural treasures tucked inside the terrific National Museum & Art Gallery
- load up on one-of-a-kind indigenous art at the colourful monthly Ela Beach Craft Market
- dine out at Korean, Chinese, Italian, Japanese, Indian and fine-dining restaurants, like Rapala, in PNG’s culinary hot spot
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Activities, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sogeri Road.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.
Papua New Guinea & Solomon Islands - Understand Papua New Guinea and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)