*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Papua New Guinea & Solomon Islands - Island Provinces (PDF Chapter)
This is the Island Provinces chapter from Lonely Planet’s Papua New Guinea & Solomon Islands guidebook.
Largely untamed and raw, the islands of Papua New Guinea are not your classic beach paradise. Here you’ll live out your Indiana Jones fantasies, blazing a trail of your own amid wild jungles.
- dive or snorkel among some of the world’s most diverse and colourful coral reefs in Kimbe Bay
- scale Kombiu, aka Mt Mother, and feast your eyes on the 360-degree views of Rabaul, Gazelle Peninsula and the steaming vent of Tavurvur
- take a banana boat to an isolated surf break or uncrowded dive site near Kavieng
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: New Britain, New Britain Province, New Ireland Province, Kavieng, Lavongai (New Hanover) & East Islands, East Coast, Autonomous Region of Bougainville, Buka Island and Bougainville.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.