Papua New Guinea & Solomon Islands - Central, Oro & Milne Bay Provinces (PDF Chapter)
This is the Central, Oro & Milne Bay Provinces chapter from Lonely Planet’s Papua New Guinea & Solomon Islands guidebook.
In these eastern provinces, the legendary Kokoda Track zigzags relentlessly through the jungle-clad mountains. You can also admire some of the world’s most biologically diverse reefs, go island-hopping and experience the old-fashioned hospitality of coastal villagers.
- retrace WWII battles over the rugged Owen Stanley Range along the infamous Kokoda Track to Kokoda
- stay in a seaside village among the amazing volcanic
- rias (fjords) of Tufi
- see yam houses, meet the rain magician and catch a wildly colourful cricket match on the Trobriand Islands
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Central Province, Kokoda, Oro Province, Popondetta, Oro Bay, Tufi, Milne Bay Province, Alotau, East Cape, Wagawaga, North Coast, Samarai Islands, D’Entrecasteaux Islands and Trobriand Islands.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.