Panama - Understand Panama and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Panama Today, History, The Panamanian Way of Life, Music, Arts, Land & Wildlife, Directory A–Z, Transportation, and Language chapters from Lonely Planet’s Panama guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, music and wildlife to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travel-lers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on Panama’s tropical jungles, misty cloud forests and diverse marine ecosys-tems
- info on the country’s music, from salsa to reggaetón, rock and jazz
- full coverage of pirates, conquistadors, dictators and democracy: all of Panama’s history
- details on Panama today and the Panamanian way of life
Coverage includes: Panama Today, History, The Panamanian Way of Life, Music, Arts, Land & Wildlife, Directory A–Z, Transportation, and Language.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation