Panama - Understand Panama and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
All the info you need on everything from history, music, art and the environment to flights, public transport, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travellers, and travellers with disabilities.
- a rundown on gold rushes, the Panama Railroad, and ancient vanishing cities
- info on the country’s traditional arts and craft practices, handed down over many generations
- full coverage of the country’s musical heritage including salsa, calypso, reggaeton and jazz
- details on the vastly different paradigms of Panamanian culture and society
Coverage includes: Panama Today, History, The Panamanian Way of Life, Music, Arts, Land & Wildlife, Directory A-Z, and Transportation.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.