Panama - Peninsula De Azuero (PDF Chapter)
This is the Península de Azuero chapter from Lonely Planet’s Panama guide-book.
Cherished as Panama’s cultural heart and soul, the Península de Azuero is a farming and ranching hub, and the strongest bastion of Spanish colonial influence left in the country. The area’s rolling hills are matched by a long and lovely coastline.
- ride the waves and stay in cool lodgings at Playa Venao, a surf destination that is managing to evade the mainstream
- enjoy the down-home ambience of Pedasí, a small town with lovely boutique lodgings, a handful of good eateries and bike rides to the beach
- spot sea turtles as they arrive by the thousands during their annual nesting on otherworldly Isla Cañas
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Chitré & Around, Interior Azuero, La Villa de Los San-tos, Las Tablas & Around, Guararé, La Enea, Pedasí, Refugio de Vida Silvestre Isla Iguana, Azue-ro Coastline.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.