Panama - Panama Province (PDF Chapter)
This is the Panamá Province chapter from Lonely Planet’s Panama guidebook.
Explore the Panama Canal and its expansion by visiting its locks, boating through its watery recesses or hiking along its jungle-clad shore. It is also the unlikely host of one of the most acces-sible and best-studied tropical rainforests on the planet.
- lay eyes on the awe-inspiring Panama Canal, which has now expanded to triple its former capacity
- spot feathered friends along Pipeline Rd in the Parque Nacional Soberanía, one of the world’s premier birdwatching sites
- visit the world-famous tropical biology center at the most studied patch of rainforest in the world, Monumento Natural Isla Barro Colorado
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Around Panama City, Panama Canal, Canal Zone, Pa-cific Islands, Isla Taboga, Archipiélago de las Perlas, Pacific Coast, La Chorrera, Parque Nacional Altos de Campana, Punta Chame, Pacific Coast Beaches.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.